Digital Technology

Digital technology is the softwares we use to create products in our case a Music Magazine and a Horror trailer. Before starting the course in AS we already had a idea of using digital technology because of the use of social media; when editing photographs etc we use editing skills to increase the contras of lower the saturation, so here we have a basic understanding of digital technology and in AS and A2 we explore this even further to improve our basic skills. Throughout the 2 years my production has developed immensely through the use of experimentation; when creating my AS Music Magazine I tried out different layout to see which one suited better which is what I also done when creating my horror poster I had different drafts of layout and images to experiment to find the best possible one for my production.

In AS for our preliminary task I created a school magazine. The outcome of the magazine was not succseful for a number of reasons on of them being that I had done very little research on the magazine; I only looked at a few other school magazines but they were not researched in detail, I had the layout for my magazine from my own personal knowledge because I took media for GSCE. When taking the photographs for the school magazine I had some knowledge of how to work the camera as I take photography for A- level however I was just starting out my skills were no the best. So my background knowledge helped me when creating my preliminary however because my knowledge was limited it didn’t help my work be succseful.

With the outcome of my music magazine is was immensely more succesful than my school magazine for a number of reasons. My research for my music magazine was done in more detail I looked at number of music magazines to see there code and conventions my vocabulary was also expanded because of research and lessons of media language for layouts etc. when shooting for the photographs I done a number of different shoots in different locations so I had enough material to work with and to pick the best one. When editing the magazine we had the experience of the preliminary task however I did struggle with editing so I looked at You Tube videos of how to edit the layouts with the photograph because of photography A level it was helping me edit the photograph with increasing the contrast and saturation cropping part out etc to make my image realistic.

In A2 when creating our Horror Trailer research improved immensely from both productions from AS our research was taking place before the course had even started so we had a lot of ideas for creating our trailer. I viewed more than 20 Horror trailers analizing them and gaining inspiration. I also looked at past students work to see how they created there production this was really helpful because it helped with my ideas for the website and our trailer.


To conclude over the past 2 years my understanding and knowledge of digital technology has improved immensely. Through failed projects they have helped me improve in my work and realise what worked for production and not. I feel like my own knowledge outside of media also helped me with improving my work and the quality of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does narrative theory apply to the trailer analysed

Represenation