Creativity

Creativity

Creativity is the making of the new and the rearranging of the old.

In AS I created a music magazine and in A2 a Horror trailer and Horro poster with the the A2 project I was able to use the skills I had learnt from my creation of the music magazine.

One of the skills I learn't from As was using the camera, for the music magazine I had to take a number different photo shoots to perfect the photographs for my magazine. So when taking the photographs for my Horror Poster I used the skills I gained from my first project which were lighting; getting the correct lighting to enhance the model and make the photograph stand out. I also was more aware of the camera settings flash/no flash, aperture, manual focus or automatic all in which helped me create improved photographs for my Horror poster. These skills have helped me creativily because I have been able to make my poster look more realistic and authentic.

Another skill I was able to improve thought out my second project was mine-en-scene. In AS I created my music magazine front cover on a black canvas, if I had used a different background setting my front cover could have looked more realistic. So when creating our Horror trailer we found locations and scenery that were conventional for Horror especially that were related to the storyline of our trailer. we shot in location such as forests  and woods which correlated to the sub- genre of our trailer and the plot. So with my music magazine I struggled to find locations for my genre of music and ended up using a black canvas so when dining the locations and scenery for my Horror trailer made sure to planning and research before shooting the trailer to visit the sites and making sure that they were suitable for my trailer and also safe. This skill has helped me to make my trailer authentic and conventional. 

When looking back at my first pre-limenary task of creating a school magazine my skills were limited which resulted in my project not being successful, the idea of creating your own magazine without planning is not rewarding, when planning my Horror poster the time spent into planning had enabled us to spend more time in what exactly we were going to put in our poster. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does narrative theory apply to the trailer analysed

Represenation

Media Language